IT Project Manager
Senior IT Director
Full Time Permanent
Reporting to the Senior IT Director, the role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, manage execution and control projects within the Medisys IT Project Portfolio that includes Infrastructure and Application Services projects. The IT Project Manager collaborates with business decision makers and technical team leaders in the definition of the project’s objectives and in the execution and realisation of IT projects, according to established deadlines and within budget.
• Manage projects following project management best practices in regards to scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risks and procurement;
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations;
• Ensure that change, acceptance and approval management is proactively and effectively managed on all projects;
• Collaborate with the technical team leads in providing project management and project coordination;
• Manage the relationship with the vendors involved in the project and ensure the optimal supply;
• Manage Vendor delivery on projects where 3rd party or vendors involved;
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders;
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work;
• Conduct project post reviews and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Formal Education & Certification
• University degree in computer science or related field (or equivalent);
• PMP Certification, a definite asset;
• ITIL Certification, an asset.
Knowledge & Experience
• Minimum 5 years of IT Project Manager experience; experience with both, Infrastructure projects (networking, data centers, telecom, etc…) and application development project is required;
• Good knowledge of at least one SDLC such as Waterfall, UML or Agile system development methodologies, and familiarity with at least one development language/framework;
• Good project management skills with substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.;
• Competent and experienced user of project management software, such as MS Project;
• Strong communication and risk management skills and strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and on budget;
• Experience managing vendor relationships a definite asset;
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management a definite asset;
• Familiarity with Project Portfolio Management principles and software a definite asset.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial;
• Leadership, team player, passionate about technology;
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments;
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
• Strong customer-service orientation;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and French;
• Able to conduct researches on issues related to projects and technology products;
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies;
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
• Highly self-motivated organized with good time management skills.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines and project implementations;
• Some travel may be required.
We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those who will be considered for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Medisys encourages applications from the four designated groups as identified in the Employment Equity Act. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Medisys Accommodation Policy. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.